r4g: refine for GCOS
r4g (refine for GCOS) is a reliable execution environment deployed on Oracle or Open-Source software platforms to deliver enterprise-class scalability and availability to run Bull mainframe applications at lower costs.
r4g is optimized to:
- Ensure the best price/performance ratio
- Increase transaction and batch performance by 50% to 100%
- Reduce the batch-processing window
- Guarantee uptime requirement
- Build a flexible foundation to scale well beyond the GCOS system with native thin client user interface, modern integrated development environment (IDE), SOA perspectives, and future move to x86 architectures as well as private or public clouds.
r4g includes two components and is pre-integrated with COBOL run-time :
- r4g for OLTP
- r4g for batch